Your Basket is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should receive an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Basket
Minecraft Education Pilot Program
|Posted on 12 August, 2018 at 21:05|
Glenwood High School was selected to participated in the Minecraft Education Edition pilot program by the NSW Department of Education in 2017. The program will see 30 Year 10 students learn curriculum content using Minecraft Education Edition during class time.
More specifically, students created a new suburb for the Stage 5 Geography topic 'Urbanisation'. 10 HSIE 2 was fortunate to participate in the MEE trial under the supervision of Ms Callaghan.
There are numerous benefits of using game-based learning in class to facilitate teaching and learning. At Glenwood High School, Minecraft was able to;
- give students the freedom to create, pushing their imaginations to the limit and allowing them to be creative in ways not possible in the real world.
- inspire students’ higher-level, problem solve and think critically.
- Minecraft is also a very social game, where students can rely on other players for help in the sometimes-unforgiving Minecraft world. When students work together, it builds positive classroom climate, teaches the benefits of collaboration and facilitates teamwork in a way that’s more organic than, say, being assigned to work together on a project. Students who might not get along in the real world can become allies in the Minecraft world.
More information about the experiences of my students whom participated in this pilot program can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/education.nsw.gov.au/2016-ghs-minecraft-beta-challenge/home.
Categories: 2017, Minecraft, Technology
- 2019 (7)
- 2018 (0)
- 2017 (1)
- 2016 (14)
- 2015 (38)
- 2014 (29)
- 2013 (49)
- 2012 (32)
- Anime (2)
- Education (127)
- Google (7)
- Maker Space (1)
- Microsoft (17)
- Minecraft (12)
- Pedagogy (11)
- Presentations (2)
- Professional Learning (10)
- Publications (19)
- Research (25)
- Social Networking Sites (22)
- Technology (45)
- New School (7)