|Posted on January 27, 2013 at 7:50 PM|
I found this and I really like it. Please share and use!
When preparing for my first lesson I used to think…
- Explain your expectations.
- Establish rules.
- Know everyone’s names.
- Arrange seats to minimalise talking.
- Organise books.
- Talk about homework.
- Tell them what they’ll be learning.
- Make sure they listen.
- Get students working right away.
- Show a firm hand.
Now I think its time to create a learning culture…
- Ask about their expectations.
- Create an essential agreement.
- Know everyone’s story.
- Arrange learning spaces to encourage collaboration.
- Demonstrate that you value thinking.
- Talk about learning.
- Ensure they know that they own their learning.
- Make sure you listen.
- Show you’re a part of the learning community.